Before sending us an unsolicited email pitching yourself or your speaker, please consider the following.
- We rarely select speakers based on the unsolicited emails because they rarely connect with our educational goals.
- If you would like to pitch yourself or your speaker for the next SOMSA conference please do not do so before August 1. By then, we will have identified the desired topics and programs for the following year for both our Education and Conference committees and this page will be updated to include those topics (see below).
- These committees work hard to determine the educational needs of our members based on various needs assessments, and if your speaker cannot present on our focused range of educational topics, we will not respond to your email.
- That also means that if your email does not list potential presentation topics, you will never hear back from us. Do not continue to spam us if you don’t hear back. Unless, of course, your subsequent emails are updated to include the following information.
- If your speaker can present on our requested topics, please send an email with links or attachments to presentation outlines, and include the following
- session titles
- session descriptions
- session learning objectives (required for us in order to offer AGD PACE continuing education)
- videos of previous presentations or sizzle reels
We will not consider speakers who do not include descriptions of potential presentations, including at least a title and a summary of the presentation. You will not receive an email back if you do not include this in your initial email.
Topics for Next Conference—April 2023
All speaker slots are filled. We are not considering any more speakers for this event.